Feeder Service Provider
X-PRESS FEEDERS provides feeder services in which cargoes are shipped by water in smaller vessels to/from a transhipment port for loading to or unloading from larger ocean-going vessels.
What can you benefit from feeder service?
Who Are We?
Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
Shipping of containers made safe.
Effective 1st July 2016, SOLAS Chapter VI, Regulation 2, paragraph 6, will be enforced, which states: A container packed with packages and cargo items should not be loaded onto a ship to which the SOLAS regulations apply unless the master or his representative and the terminal representative have obtained, in advance of vessel loading, the verified actual gross mass of the container.
X-Press Feeders Conditions of Carriage will be amended to reflect this Statutory Requirement from 1st July 2016.
- X-Press Feeders as a SOC Common Carrier shall not be responsible for the accuracy / authenticity of a VGM certificate as declared by a shipper, but shall comply with "The Regulation" by ensuring that every container accepted for loading has a VGM certificate prior to finalizing the booking.
- Only VGM Weights will be used for pre-load stowage plans. Therefore VGM confirmation will be required prior terminal cut off.
- • X-Press Feeders shall not load any containers without a VGM certificate after 1st October 2016 as this would be a contravention of SOLAS regulations. The grace period allowed by MSC Circ 1548 ends on 30th Sept 2016.
- Any associated charges due to VGM related issues (including, but not limited to, weighing / re-weighing / re-certification, shifting within the terminal and/or cancellation charges), shall be on box operator's account.
- Official IMO Circular - Guidelines Regarding the Verified Gross Mass of a Container carrying Cargo
- MSC.1/Circ.1548 grants a grace period for Transhipped containers ONLY.
- Carriers issue joint VGM letter to Terminal Operators
- New ship safety rule to prevent loss of containers enters into force
- SOLAS container mass verification requirements – FAQ’s
|Container Number||The container number mentioned on the VGM Certificate|
|VGM Weight / Qualifier||This is the Weight mentioned in the VGM certificate from Shipper / Confirmation that the weight declared is VGM.|
|VGM Certificate - Authorized Person||This is the Name of the Authorized person identified as the shipper’s representative, who is responsible for issuance of the certificate.|
|VGM Certificate Number||Where a certificate number is referenced on the actual certificate.|
|VGM Certificate Issuing Party||Name and address of the company which issued the VGM certificate.|
|VGM Issue Date||Date of issue of VGM Certificate.|
|VGM Method||Method 1: Total Gross Mass of the Container after packing
Method 2: Certified Weight of individual packages of cargo added to Container Tare Weight.
** Incase required by different National Regulations**
World class Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)We provide international secure link, of which information of your shipment can be exchanged instantly.
X-PRESS FEEDERS has EDI (Electronic Data Interface) capabilities with most of the port and terminal authorities in the regions we operate. We also provide Data Interchange for Booking, Scheduling and Invoicing to our customers. EDI processes reduce the risk of errors in data transfer and ensure efficient and fast data interchange. We have an efficient in-house IT team which helps us to cater to all EDI requirements.Read More