In a midst of the serious chaos (Inclement Weather / Serious congestion), there seems to be a silver lining in Chittagong. There are numerous initiatives taken by CPA (Chittagong Port Authority) to improve the efficiency.
Few points we would like to highlight are given below:
- Night Navigation – this is one of the major breakthrough for Chittagong. Ships will berth / un-berth round the clock!
- After the accident at CCT3, the berth is now open for geared ships.
- Strict implementation of Cut-Off’s for export cargo.
- Speedy procurement of new equipment’s to improve the productivity at NCT. 12 RTG’s to arrive by Dec 2017. Seven Straddle Carriers on the way to Chittagong.
- Create additional yard capacity in order to move longstanding boxes and ease off the congestion within the port area.
X-Press Feeders congratulates Chittagong Port Authority for their relentless efforts to improvise the situation in Chittagong, though a long way to go still..!