- About X-PRESS
An Independent Carrier
- No containers of their own.
- Not owned by, or aligned to, any particular MainLine carrier.
- Network open to all owners of containers.
- A variable cost rather than a fixed locked-in cost
- A better frequency than an individual player.
- Scale = slot cost effectiveness.
- Single-minded focus on the feeder product.
Being an independent common carrier, we do not own, lease or operate any containers. this means X-PRESS FEEDERS provides transportation services only to container ship operators and not to proprietary cargo interests or the general shipping public. The term "Shipper" herein and in this region refers only to container ship operators.This is why:
- We don’t compete with our customers, allowing us to act as a trustworthy and completely impartial sub-contractor.
- We are the largest common carrier in terms of Shipper Owned Containers (SOC) carried and have the economies of scale in our backroom services to compete the most efficent.
Nearly 100 ships operational
Owned Ship Fleet List
|Vessel||Charterer||Trading Area||Ship Management||Type||Capacity @ 14 tons||Nominal Capacity|
|X-PRESS Karakoram||KMTC||Korea-China-SEAsia (KCM)||Seacon||Aker CS 2700||2116||2741|
|X-PRESS Makalu||East Asia||Thailand Straits Chennai (TSC)||MSI||Gdynia 8184||2200||2714|
|X-PRESS Yamuna||South Asia||Singapore-Kolkata X-PRESS (SKX/CKX)||MSI||B183L||750||1162|
Who is is the SOC Market?
|Operator||Total||SOC %||SOC Size|
|*Shipboard Slots||*Ships||Shipboard Slots|
|RCL (Regional Container L.)||46,821||28||50%||23,411|
|UniFeeder/United Feeder Services||44,004||39||75%||33,003|
|OEL / Shreyas||36,553||25||85%||31,070|
|Tropical Shpg / Sea Star||10,077||18||100%||10,077|
|Caribbean Feeder Services||8,704||9||100%||8,704|
|Delphis NV / Team Lines||1,600||1||95%||1,600|
X-PRESS FEEDERS Electronic Data Interface
X-Press Feeders has Direct EDI (Electronic Data Interface) capabilities with most of the Port and Terminal authorities in the regions we operate. We also provide Data interchange for Booking, Schedule and Invoice Operations to our customers. EDI process reduces the risk of errors in Data and ensures efficient and fast data interchange. Moreover we have an efficient in-house IT Team which helps us to cater for almost all EDI requirements from the Terminals and our customers within a reasonable time frame. EDI Programs from X-Press include: EDI FOR PORT AUTHORITIES / CONTAINER TERMINALS
X-Press has EDI capabilities to cater for the Electronic Manifest System requirements of all the ports our vessels call. These include:UN/ EDIFACT EDI messages:
- IFTMCS - Instruction contract status message (Manifest)
- CUSDEC - Customs declaration message
- IFTDGN - Dangerous goods notification message
- CUSCAR - Customs cargo report message
- COPRAR - Container discharge/loading order message
- COARRI - Container discharge/loading report message
- BAPLIE - Bayplan/stowage plan occupied and empty locations message
- COREOR - Container release order message
- IFCSUM - Forwarding and consolidation summary message
We also cater for specified requirements and format from port and authorities.
Over and above publishing our long term schedule in our website, we have the capability of sending our live schedule to our customers and port authorities through various formats. These include different xml formats, EDIFACT standard format like IFTSAI (sailing schedule) and various customer defined formats.
X-Press accepts EDI booking from the customers directly through the EDI System. The communication channels include FTP, Web Service or Standard e-mail. We cater for a range of EDI messages as per below:UN/ EDIFACT EDI messages:
- IFTMIN - Booking/ Instruction message
- IFTMBF - Firm booking message
- IFTSTA - Loading Confirmation
X-Press offers various type of Invoice EDI to customers. These include different versions of standard EDIFACT format - INVOIC. We set up the Invoice EDI procedures according to the Customer requirement based on contract. It can be an XML/Flat File/CSV/EXCEL format. We also send Invoices in PDF format to the customer based on the required periods – daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly. Invoice Statements are also send for the pre-defined periods according to the customer requirement. Mode of communication is via FTP/email.
We also have the capability to send/receive the receipt of all the messages via APERAK (Application error and acknowledgement message).